Linking InstaShop and an Instagram Business account or Creator Account
Last Updated 3 months ago
InstaShop has a new feature that allows you to link the following account types:
- Instagram Business Account
- Instagram Creator Account
There are two key benefits to this new service:
- Enhanced analytics - see what pictures are performing best across the Instagram network. Choose which ones to display and help you increase sales.
- No blank pictures - Instagram fully supports third party services (like InstaShop) showing pictures from these accounts on other platforms.
In order to connect InstaShop to an Instagram Business or Creator account you need to do three things:1: Create a Facebook Business Page.
If you have not done so already, creating a FaceBook Business Page
it's quick & free! 2: Have a suitable Instagram account.
You can have two different types of Instagram account, depending on your use case, requirements and business objectives. If you haven't already created either a Creator
account or Business
account, it's free and easy: 3: If you are on the free to use InstaShop Basic Plan, you will need to upgrade to either
You can do this from the LICENSE tab in the InstaShop menu. And find out more details here
Setting Up in InstaShop
- Once you are ready, click on Instagram tab in the InstaShop admin menu:
- Next, click on the Connect With Facebook button (make sure you are logged into your Facebook account on the same browser you are using
- You will be taken to Facebook, where you will be asked to confirm that you wish to connect InstaShop to your Facebook account - click the continue button.
- Select the Instagram accounts you wish to link - you must select at least one! Click Next.
- Select the pages connected to the Instagram accounts you wish to connect to InstaShop - you must select at least one! Click Next.
- Confirm all the requested permissions are enabled and click Done.
- You will be taken back to InstaShop. Select the Instagram accounts you wish to use and click Continue.
- Congratulations! You are all set up.
- Now, when you fetch pictures, you will see the screen below, to fetch pictures from your Creator or Business account, click the CONTINUE button next to the appropriate account type
What if I made a mistake?
After completing the setup and you made a mistake when answering the questions you can delete the account and start again. If InstaShop cannot find any connected Instagram accounts it will offer to start the process again.
You will see the following screen, click the 'Edit Settings' button and follow the steps above.