8.2: PRODUCT GALLERIES: How to set them up
Last Updated about a month ago
How do I start using product galleries?
- Before you start, you need to be a Business Plan customer.
- You will need to make sure you have added Smart Pins to your pictures. Without Smart Pins linking to products, InstaShop can't build your product galleries.
- You can set up how your product galleries look in the same way as you set up your main gallery, by going to Gallery Settings.
- Good to know - Your product gallery can be a different layout to your standard gallery. e.g. a collage on the front page and a slider on product pages.
How do I add product galleries to my shop?
- Log into your Wordpress Admin
- Scroll down to Settings and select SocialShop
- Gallery ID - You will see a link adjacent to the box - click on it to get you ID and paste in the box
- Gallery Location - Choose where you want your product Gallery to appear. NOTE - this feature is based on core WooCommerce settings. Custom themes may affect the position
- Save settings - Done!
- This is an ADVANCED feature - if you want to get more creative, you can use the HTML snippet to insert product galleries into your theme's code. Good to know:
If you need help adding product galleries, fill out a ticket here
Product gallery FAQs What happens if haven't added pins to a product?
If InstaShop can't find any pins related to a product, it will not display anything on that page. Customers will see your standard sales page.How are pictures ordered on a product page?
They newest picture comes first, the oldest last....NEXT STEP: Check out the rest of the Knowledge Base